The former residence of the British equivalent of Oskar Schindler has recently undergone renovations work.
Throughout the entirety of the 1930’s Otto Schiff was in charge of the Jewish Refugees Committee and responsible for securing the entry of Jews fleeing Germany and Austria. The committee supported the refugees and Otto Schiff even used his Netherhall Gardens estate as a sanctuary.
The property itself was built in 1888, and was sold in 2010 to a Jewish Care Group where it has now been converted into 14 flats split between Schiffs original house and a newly built adjacent pavilion with each flat valued up to £5m.
As part of the renovation, a boundary perimeter was agreed as of the design work which would need to encompass the original property as well as the adjacent pavilion.