Built in 1859, the Grade II listed Stephens House and Gardens is stately house, located in Finchley, North London. The land where Stephens House sits dates back to the 12th Century with significant ties to the Knights Templar.
Stephens House was ravaged by fire in 1989 and since then significant works have been put in place to restore the property back to its original state. The changes are intended to provide a modern facility, capable of hosting conferences, business functions and in particular a lavish wedding venue.
£2.1m was awarded by the Heritage Lottery Fund to help fund the project with a £250,000 committed by Barnet Council.